Thursday, November 10, 2011

New Library Webpage!

Speaking of Stewart Memorial Library website (which I just did, in my last post,) what do everyone think of the new site?  While the center of the page remains essentially unchanged, visitors will find a few new additions that I think will make the site much more user friendly, not to mention the sleek new color palette.  I might be partial though, due to the browns matching my sleek bronze physique.  One of the changes that I really like is the menu bar down at the bottom of the page, which makes it very obvious as to where to find a map of the library, a suggestion box (*cough*bring back donuts on Wednesdays *cough*), and a link to the library's staff information.  Also, the page now features a help section that has FAQs that the library hears on a regular basis.  We will add questions as they come up, so don't be afraid to ask.  We do understand that since the page has undergone some changes, everything might not be working perfectly.  Find a broken link?  Database access not working?  Just let the staff know!  And when I say staff, just go ahead and email Katelyn, the head of the reference department at kwazny@coe.edu.  That's probably the easiest way to ensure that things get fixed.  We hope that this site is generally an improvement upon previous iterations, and we believe that the changes that we made are positive ones.  We know that faculty and staff alike are going to be using the library's resources far more regularly as finals rapidly approach, and we think that the new site is going to make it easier for everyone to get what they need.

-Bronze Boy

P.S.  The snow yesterday has me thinking its almost time to break out my most stylish fedora.  If only I had a stylish fedora.

No comments:

Post a Comment