Friday, March 16, 2012

Audience participation

From the archives...

Good afternoon everyone

It has been a busy week in the library, and my Thursday blog post fell through the cracks.  Which wasn't helped by the campus' "Twilight Zone" power outage (we were teased in the library the lights flickered on then off, and for a moment it looked like it was on for good before the darkness fell) , which I hope everyone took advantage of to enjoy the beautiful March weather, it was very accommodating for once!   So, its Friday and I was sitting at my desk wondering what to blog about when I had a thought...
What do you, the chosen few who have found this blog, want to know about the archives, Coe's history, the library, or anything really?

There is a lovely little gold link at the bottom of this post titled 'post a comment'.  Ask a question and I'll try to answer it in my next blog post.

Till Thursday
Sara

P.S. I suspect my request will go unanswered, but would love to be proven wrong, so please ask away.

2 comments:

  1. Two things:
    1. Why doesn't the library have a backup generator?
    2. How does the library decide what books to order? I'm curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for responding Anna! I'm not quite sure why the library doesn't have a backup generator, but I assume it is the same reason that the rest of the buildings on campus don't have one either. There aren't enough blackouts to warrant it. The last time Coe lost power was in 2008, and that was due to a major natural disaster. This black out was due to a new substation that is being installed in down town Cedar Rapids.

    I am going to answer your second question in a blog post next week, so look for an answer on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete