Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Upper Reading Room


 When I was a first year, it was difficult to get into the swing of appropriate study methods. In high school I always studied at home at the dining table, never in a library. Depending on what time of the day you are studying, Coe's library can be a very distracting place. It took probably the whole first semester to learn how to use the library to my advantage. It was a long semester of trial and error; studying at a table with other people, listening to music while studying, facing a window while studying, etc. None of those methods worked for me. I found that the best way for me to use the library is the second floor reading room. In those cubbies, I am removed from distraction and most of the time it is silent. There are plug ins in each cubbie so I am able to charge my laptop while working. I also believe it is the best spot to pick up WiFi in the library! ~Kallie

No comments:

Post a Comment