Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Time Away

These last couple of semesters I have spent less time in the library, and more time over in Dows keeping up with art projects, as well as in Eby and the Racquet Center for track. But now every time that I am here things look different and even new. As I walk from computer to printer I see these paintings that I must have seen a hundred times and stop to re-examine them. While I am putting books back on shelves one catches my eye and I open it to see what it’s about, and catch myself reading it later that night. I have worked here for 3 and a half semesters, and am realizing how awesome it is to see all the new faces come in and ask questions, the stillness of the 11pm to 1 am shift, and excitement of finding a book that I will read(not just for class). I remember just starting this work study job thinking that this could be an awful job, but now I barely think of it as a job at all, I come to Stewart Memorial Library because I work here, but I stay because I just don’t want to leave. Gordon R.

No comments:

Post a Comment