Monday, March 31, 2014

Adventures of working at the library

When I first started working at the library last year I thought I was going to be very productive and get a lot of homework accomplished while working at the Circulation Desk. The opposite could not have been truer. Instead of working on my academics at work I learned a lot of other new things, most importantly improving my social life. When I walk into the library I always see a friendly face and that is what I love about Coe College; there is always a friend wherever I go, whether it is at the library, in the cafeteria or workout.
Working at the circulation desk there is never a dull moment, there is always someone to greet when someone walks in the door or say bye to when leaving. I am constantly learning new things about books and authors because everyone likes to share a story about their favorite book or author when checking a book out. There is always something to explore when shelving books or dusting. Sometimes when I am straightening the books on the shelves or doing inventory I pull out an interesting book just take a few minutes to read the back out of curiosity.
People not only come to the library to study and do their homework but some people come to the library to be social. I have seen many friends sit in a study room or at a study table chatting or playing card games. I have also seen people napping at a desk or sleeping on a couch. Many people bring food into the library as a snack; I have even seen Jimmy John’s and Pizza Hut being delivered here for dinner. There is always something interesting going on in the library and a great place to be! ~Taylor W.

1 comment:

  1. Bridget (Anger) FaivreAugust 12, 2014 at 3:19 PM

    I went to Coe from 1993-1997, I was a member of the women's soccer team. I am trying to search for my stats through newspaper clippings from those years. The school has no record of my assists and goals, or any recognitions I received from some of my time there. I was recently given notice that I am being considered for the Hall of Fame and need accurate information. If there is anyway you can assist me, I would truly appreciate it. Thank you.

    ---She got the stats she needed.

    ReplyDelete