Sunday, April 20, 2014

Remembering VHS

Many of the students at Coe seem to forget about our wonderful AV department. To me, this place has and always will occupy a special place in my heart. You don’t just browse through films in the AV department but rather you browse through history. Looking through the VHS tapes, personally, brings back fond childhood memories of rewinding a tape before watching it or the pure frustration of renting un-re-winded movie. To many this experience is foreign but to me, and surely many others, it takes me back to simpler times I dearly miss. Unfortunately, technology has made places like the AV Theater more obsolete, since with a click of a mouse you could find any thing you desire. However, I would like to challenge everyone to take a moment and walk through the aisles of not just film but history, before it is too late. Yafet M.

No comments:

Post a Comment